Effectively tracking home renovation expense is crucial for a transparent financial overview when it comes to renovation of home related expenses.
This has several benefits such as Energy Efficiency, Health and Safety, Increased Property Value and much more.
In this post, we are going to discuss how you can use this Home Renovation Expense Tracker developed in Notion that helps you get an overview of following:
- Renovation Expenses Incurred,
- Budgeted Expense Amount,
- Expenses incurred as compared to budget (in %),
- Home Renovation Expense Categories (as defined) and much more
In order to use this dashboard we need to set up the renovation expense categories at first before proceeding with the renovation payments.
But before that let’s have a quick overview of the Home Renovation Expenses Tracker to get an idea of how exactly it will operate.
How to download the Notion Home Renovation Expenses Tracker
Click Here to download Notion Home Renovation Expenses Tracker.
Overview of the Home Renovation Expenses Tracker
Home Renovation Dashboard
The Home Renovation Dashboard has 2 different views which serve their own purpose.
1. Renovation Categories
This shows the following basic details about the renovation expense:
- Category of Renovation Expense
- Renovation Expense Budget Amount
2. Expenses Overview
This shows the following details of different expenses categories from the expenses overview:
- Total Expenses Incurred
- Total Budgeted Expense
- Expenses as compared to budget (in %)
- Status of Expense Incurred as compared to budget (Under Budget or Over Budget)
3. Renovation Expense Details
This shows the renovation expenses in detail for each of the renovation expenses made.
Under each of the renovation expense incurred we get to see the following properties of each expense:
- Date – Shows the date of the renovation expense incurred.
- Expense Details – Shows the details of the renovation expense incurred .
- Category – Shows the desired renovation expense category as selected for renovation.
- Expense Amount – Shows the expense amount incurred for the renovation.
Note: Summary view shows the summary of all the expenses incurred, such as “Total Expenses”, “Budgeted Expenses” and “Expenses incurred (in %)” as compared to the budget.
More Templates : How to track debt payment details in Notion
This template is super helpful and can be customized as per user’s needs to keep track of renovation expenses for the house.
Click Here to download and start using Notion Home Renovation Expenses Tracker right now.
Here’s some of the most commonly asked questions on using Notion template:
1. Does this work on the free version of Notion?
Yes. Once you’ve made the purchase, you will get a link to duplicate this to your Notion workspace. You don’t need to be on Notion’s Personal Pro plan to use it.
2. Can I change the currency of the template?
Yes, Notion supports a lot of currencies and you can customize this template to your preferred currency.
3. Do you offer customization or other support, if something is needed to suit my specific use case?
Yes. Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more.
4. Does the template contain Notion Formulas 2.0?
Yes, all the templates are upgraded to Notion Formula 2.0 (by default).
5. Can I share this template?
This Notion template comes with a personal license for individual use. Feel free to use the template with your internal team. But please do not share it with other individuals.
6. What will happen after my purchase?
Right after your purchase, you will be made available with the link to download the template. After downloading the template, you will be able to duplicate it in your own workspace. You’ll also receive an email with the link to the template and other relevant files.
7. Is there a refund policy?
Yes, If you feel that the template hasn’t provided you with any value, write to us & we’ll give you a refund within the first 30 days of purchase. We’re passionate about making products people find value in and we’re confident in the value of this.